The building of the State Printing House
Loading google map. Please wait!
1 19 Fevruary Str.
The National Gallery for Foreign Art – at present Kvadrat 500 National Gallery, is housed in the building of the former State Printing House, renovated to serve as a museum, and is located in the eastern part of St. Alexander Nevsky Square. The Printing House was designed by the Viennese architect Friedrich Schwanberg and was constructed from 1883 to 1886. It was revamped in 1984 and once again reconstructed in 2015. Today, the first representative and permanent exhibition of Bulgarian and foreign visual art is displayed in the halls of Kvadrat 500.