January 25, 2021 marked the 140th anniversary of the opening of the State Printing House in Sofia. This is the oldest operating printing house in Bulgaria, established by a decree of Prince Alexander of Battenberg and opened solemnly on January 25, 1881 in the presence of the prince, the entire Council of Ministers, and many senior officials. Over the years, the printing house has changed its location four times. At the time of its opening, it was housed in two wooden buildings adjacent to the building of Buyuk Mosque, where the National Archaeological Museum is located today. In 1887 the state printing house was moved to a new building - one of the first impressive buildings after the Liberation, built on the proposal of the Prime Minister of Bulgaria Petko Karavelov. It was designed in neoclassical style by the Viennese architect Friedrich Schwanberg. Today, Kvadrat 500 National Gallery is located in this building. Immediately after September 9, 1944, the printing house was moved to the building of today's Earth and Man National Museum, where it was housed until 1975, when it was moved to the building at 117 Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd., where its successor - Education and Science EAD, is still located today.