A virtual exhibition on the occasion of the 120th anniversary of the National Theater is shown by specialists from the National History Museum on the museum's website. The exhibition contains photos, posters, documents and postcards related to the history of the National Theater and the activities of the artists, directors and stage masters from the troupe . In the exhibition you can also see the curious cartoon of Ivan Vazov, made by Rayko Alexiev, as well as photos of the founders Krastyo Sarafov and Adriana Budevska. At the beginning of 1904, the capital's Bulgarian drama troupe "Tear and Laughter" was renamed "Bulgarian National Theater" and this is considered the birth date of the National Theater. In 1906, the troupe was already called "National Theater". The theater building was inaugurated on January 3, 1907. The theater building was inaugurated on January 3, 1907. It was built according to a project by the famous Viennese architects Ferdinand Fellner and Hermann Helmer, and funds were collected through the sale of stamps and a lottery of the Sofia municipality. Ivan Vazov wrote the prologue "Glory of Art" especially for the occasion. The building was reconstructed several times - after the great fire in 1923; after the bombing of Sofia, when its southern wing was damaged, and the major renovation in 1972-1975, when the Chamber Stage was created.