Loading google map. Please wait!
1 Aksakov Str.
In between the Ministry of Defence and the Royal Palace is located Bulgaria Hall - the most significant concert center in the country. The building is a masterpiece in architectural and technical sense accomplished in 1937 after the design of the architectural team of Stancho Belkovski and Ivan Danchov. It is distinctive for an extremely good acoustics and for this reason the most prestigious musical events in the capital are held in it. Originally, in the symphony concert hall an organ produced by the German Sauer Company was mounted but the air-raids on Sofia by Allied Forces’ bombers in 1944 destroyed the organ and part of the building itself. After having been safely stored during the war, the original chandeliers made of Murano glass were again fixed on the ceiling of the main hall in 1949, and a new organ was installed in the 1970’s.